07 October 2017

tenner...

Well my ten-gallon has one fish in it now-
This week it was getting too cold at night; I moved over the little otocinclus. Here he is- at an angle against the wall. His fins are perky, but he's not very active. I don't know if because there's not quite enough algae, or is he lonely... I bumped the temp back up a little and now he moves around more. Put a new catappa leaf in there, too. He's been nibbling over that.
I swear my rotalas haven't looked so healthy since I had the old 20L. And replacing the floaters worked- the new lot of spirodela polyrhiza in here is slowly multiplying, and growing out healthy roots.
But my favorite plant is still the blue buce 'selena'.
I'm trying to spread out the crypt parva, since from a distance and certain angle it looks like a green cover across the substrate- but the one I ordered was smaller quantity than I thought. So I pulled a few that were kind of not-well-rooted on the left of the tank, and replanted them here on the right.
(Even the short rotalas in the background look nice compared to what they were before).
And wisteria is finally regrowing- I thought that one was a goner, again.
Java fern 'tongue' in the skull-

No comments: