19 September 2017

still no fish

in my ten gallon. It's been almost a month. I actually saw a betta I liked last time I was at the pet store, but I was looking very close at him- another double-tail plakat and he had a bend in the tail just like my old Sam- not as severe but it was there- and also the edges of his scales were slightly lifted- like the beginning of dropsy. I did not want to bring home a sick fish... so I left him there.

The tank is still doing good- snails are still thriving. I slacked off on water changes and let it go almost two weeks without fert dosing- until I saw some of the anubias and crypts were looking a bit peaky. Rotalas and buces still look better than ever. Gave it ferts today. Wondering if I should try some other kind of nano fish in here...

Floaters still look awful. I wonder if replacing the plastic over my light strip has made a difference. Might just replace the duckweed with some from the QT or the little pond, start it over in here.

No comments: