21 September 2017

short cycle

I was hopeful this morning because ammonia was dropping but as expected, my window tank is going thru a mini-cycle. Seems to be progressing quickly. It had a cloudy bacteria bloom yesterday which cleared by nightfall, and the trumpet snails are no longer climbing the walls. Today ammonia is  0.25 and there is the beginning of a nitrite spike. Perhaps tomorrow or the day after I can move the fishes back in... surely by the weekend.

Meanwhile the cories are doing fine in the bucket. I checked their water. Ammonia test was a solid yellow. I can see their shapes through the white bucket wall as they swim against the side, and right now they are going up and down the walls in a tight group, following each other very closely. Are they spawning in the bucket?!

No comments: