22 August 2017

here he is!

My new paradise fish:
It's hard to get a good picture because his QT is a plastic bin- the sides are only translucent. He is still kind of washed out, I don't expect to see his full colors until he's in the proper tank which is nice and dim with dark substrate. (He actually had better coloring than this in the store, while displaying to the other fish he was bullying, but I bet will be even brighter than that when matured.)
I think his fins have lovely form, although noticed when I got him home (of course) that the filament on one of his pelvic fins is missing. I don't know if that can grow back.
He's just a little guy still. Even though the size of my betta his proportions are of an immature fish and I know will grow twice as large. (Still thinking of names. I verbalized a lot of them today while doing stuff around the house until finally it annoyed my six-year-old. "I don't care what you call your fish!" she huffed. Haha.)

No comments: