29 May 2017

final planting out

One of them, at least. I still have tithonia and a few late seedlings to go. Here's the bigger sun-lovers that went into my back planting bed:
cantaloupe
butternut squash
watermelon
zucchini. I only have two of these, so don't know if they will manage to fertilize each other... Also planted out the okra-
and cucumbers into the garden space. It's a long shot, putting these in the back area. It hasn't had as much bug control or compost feedings, and I don't check on it as often being further from the house and full mostly of plants I expect to take care of themselves.

Everything was doing fine until yesterday I noticed my cantaloupe plants are getting eaten. Not sure if it was slugs and then pill bugs moved in, but pill bugs were all over them munching.

No comments: