22 October 2015

mistake

The two fish in my smaller QT died overnight. I made an error when dosing the medication. After doing water change and salt dose on the first QT tank in the morning, I automatically moved on to taking care of the second one. Forgot that it was much earlier in the day than when I'd treated the tank before- it hadn't been a complete twenty-four hours yet. I think what happened is that the prior medication hadn't entirely dissipated yet, so when I dosed again the concentration was too high. I did see them hanging out near the surface but did not stop to think what this meant. Also this morning when I found them lifeless on the bottom, the plastic plant had drifted over the airstone, blocking flow to the surface, so there was very little turbulence. They probably suffocated.

No comments: