28 June 2015

tenner progress

Last week the anubias in Oliver's tank looked like this:
now the upper leaves all coated brown algae. Too much light for this plant. I put plastic wrap over the glass just on the one side to see if it helps. If not improved in another week I'll either adjust the photoperiod or consider getting a different cover.
Other things are improving, though. For the first time ever, the java ferns in this tank have little fiddleheads coming up! They are responding either to the new substrate or the new light, not sure which but I'm definitely pleased.
I've never seen them look so well, and hope they continue to thrive.
Oliver is improving too, his eye less cloudy but still has a red spot on the right lens not sure what that is.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

When you move that tank to the new house put clear wrap over it when it's drained with just a little tiny bit of water in the bottom. The plants will survive and you won't have to take the tank apart

Jeane said...

It's already been moved- see http://greenjeane.blogspot.com/2015/06/moving-oliver.html. I did it several weeks ago, before my own moving day. I did tear it all down and redo the setup, but you're right, this tank is so small I could have carried it plants intact. Will remember that if there's a next time!