18 April 2015

rearranging

A few steps closer to what I hope the main aquarium will look like someday. (Quick picture above, will have to wait after dark to get a good one).
I trimmed the rotala across the back- uneven right now because I cut the tallest, leaning stems in half and replanted in bunches of three to fill it all in. Next time it reaches the surface I will just trim, and level it out.
Also moved the log over against right side, moved a few aponos that were behind it getting shaded, to the center area. It's surprising how how much the rotala stems were blocking light across the top- the tank looks so much brighter and open, with those few changes.

On another note, I have to figure out a new strategy for feeding the kuhlis. Or fix my trap. There's a small dent in the inverted top of my fish trap. It was amusing last week to watch the kuhlis go in, find their way out, go back in again to eat, over and over. It's making a difference! Sam is nearly as big as the black loaches now, and the smaller two are catching up to him in size. But not so amusing when a few days ago one of the cherry barb females figured out how to get into the trap. Three times in a row. Of course then she hogs all the food meant for the loaches. I didn't see her enter, figure she squeezed through the crease. Need to replace the cut-off bottle top of my trap.

No comments: