07 October 2014

fewer

I lost my skinny platy. She has just been wasting away. I didn't have any medication on hand that would treat parasites. Gave her salt bath and she did respond to that- perked up a bit, fins alert, swimming around more. But that only helps with external parasites, not internal which is what I suspected she had. I was debating what kind of medication to try and find at the store, but she crashed, died the next day.
My youngest was "sad for the fishie is gone." She saw me giving it "medicine" in the bucket of salt water, tiptoed over to look at the fish carefully because I said be quiet, don't scare the fishie by running in here.

Everyone else looks fine. I don't know if this one was always unwell- perhaps it never recovered fully from the ich. I can't tell unless I do a little autopsy to see if there's internal parasites (some fishkeepers do!) and I don't quite have the stomach for that.

Goodbye another fish.

No comments: