24 September 2014

out the door

I had too many plants. All these second-generation ones filling my countertops and windowsills, and with colder weather coming I know the sunniest spots in the apartment will soon be in demand. So I just sold a lot of them on craigslist- twenty-six plants. A few were nice-size or pretty, most still small. They're all offspring of my established plants, so I'm not really missing any- I can always grow more.
The lot included: african violets, jade plants, one ponytail palm, some mini geraniums, two small pots of coleus, one schefflera and a few spider plants. It doesn't pain me much. In fact, the space feels cleaner here now, the remaining plants standing out, more noticeable because they're not all so close together but instead one standing here, another over there- focal points by themselves now.

No comments: