13 May 2014

bye to my favorite plants

I have moved my pathetic Ferns out of the balcony pots and into my boyfriend's yard. He's got a shady, damp area against the back fence where planted his ferns obtained the same place/time as mine last year. His have come up wonderfully this spring with new bright green fronds.
Mine are still lagging behind, just a few fiddleheads showing
but not much else.
I took six pots over to his house the other day and planted them out; three showing emerging growth, the other might not even be alive. They probably have a better chance of recovering and surviving in the ground. I do still have my two pots of autumn ferns (dead to all appearances), and my Boston Fern (the only one looking good) but that's it for ferns now. Which makes me feel dismal. Ferns are my favorite plants, but I can't seem to treat them well. Bah.

No comments: