08 May 2013

revisiting

I have been back the the old property and while most of my garden beds are all in weeds now, I was pleased to see that I apparently made good choices with the few perennial bedding plants I did put in while I lived there. The Crepe Myrtles and Daylilies are all growing strong, the lilies having filled out their beds even more. The Hostas look great, especially my favorite blue-green ones in the back, which I managed to get a picture of. They're huge! Makes me want to try and grow a few in large containers on my balcony (I saved seed off those a few years back). Even the few Bugleweed I had dug up and transplanted about with hopes of spreading some color and weed control are taking hold and full of bright purple-blue flowers right now. Some are a darker, others a lighter hue. All pretty.

2 comments:

123Valerie said...

Hi, Jeane,

I can't recall how I found your blog, but I'm so excited I did! I'm a fellow amateur gardener as well and am basically in my third year of trial and error. I relate so much to the excitement and worry over your plants! I'm doing a very chaotic mix of in-ground, container and upside growing, and it's great to learn from your posts what's worked for you and what hasn't! Just reading back through your archives now and thoroughly enjoying it, and I didn't want to be a creepy lurker. I don't have a blog at the moment, but you may have just inspired me to change that!

Val
Cleveland Heights, OH

Jeane said...

Thanks! It's nice to know someone can learn from my gardening mistakes, and that I'm not just embarrassing myself putting them all up here! I'm very glad the info has been useful.