31 May 2013

gorgeous blue

I had a bittersweet moment going by the old property again. The blue-green Hostas I planted three years ago are simply enormous now. The leaves are bigger than my own head, and the deep blue-green color so rich. These plants are so beautiful it hurts me to look at them. I attribute their beautiful growth to several years' worth of homemade compost feedings, decent shade and steady moisture- they sit right near where the hose drips.
The fullness of the blue Hosta foliage can only be appreciate with something pictured to scale- here my two-year old poses in front of their glory.
Can you tell I love blue Hosta?

In other news, I have been very busy of late, but things are still happening in my little garden. Chives and Petunias are blooming, Green Beans have flowered, Potatoes emerged. Hopefully I'll find time to take a post more pictures soon!

No comments: