03 May 2013

boston fern

My Fern got all divided up. I wasn't planning to do that, but it's been looking worse and worse. I didn't realize how terrible until I saw someone's new plant, so lush and full. Mine's in awful state. I inspected it close and found its pot had no drainage holes. How could I miss that? I punched some with a nail, and at the same time noticed it had quite a few distinct crowns. So I separated a few
This is the nicest-looking one so far.
I'm not expecting them all to survive and thrive, but if even just one or two do, I'll be happy.

2 comments:

chrisa511 said...

Fun new project! I have the absolute WORST luck with ferns :/

Jeane said...

Yeah, me either it seems. Mine are all looking very shabby right now. The rabbit's foot one keeps loosing fronds, too. I just can't make them happy!