09 April 2013

betta fish

We have some new little pets!
Someone gave us a pair of fishbowls so of course I had to find some occupants. We got a few little Bettas. My daughter has a female with reddish fins. I found two fish that are my favorite color. Photos don't do justice, but here's my attempts to capture them.

One is a male Dragonscale; it doesn't really have fancy long fins but the light sea-blue color is just gorgeous and the scales are extra defined on its sides. It has a pinkish tint to the dorsal, anal and tail (caudal)fins, with speckles on them.
My second Betta is a female Crowntail. This one is a darker vivid blue color, with a black face. But what I love is the shape of its tail. It has regular projects that are all divided in half yet again, making it look like a spiky crown.
I'll try and get better pictures later.

And why on the garden blog? Well, I was ambitious and put live plants in the bowl with the Dragonscale. I don't know the species, but they're pretty common aquatic plants.
The other fishbowl, too far from a good light source, has plastic plants.

No comments: