27 March 2012

new lilies

A few days ago I bought some pots of Daylilies from a lady who grows them in her backyard. She makes her own crosses, so I'm eager to see what beautiful flowers these will make!
I dug up the turf in a corner aside one of my crepe myrtles near the driveway steps and put in some compost, backed it with more of those roofing tiles. (I don't feel quite so odd about using this material; the grower had it mulching the paths of her entire garden space- which is many times bigger than mine!)
Their names  and descriptions are so enticing:

rose bitone
rosy purple
Catapult Sam x Lola Branham (I'm guessing this is one of the crosses?)
Love Will Find a Way- lavender cream blend w/creamy yellow throat & edge
Vi x Stellas- clear light pink ruffled edges
After Awhile Crocodile x Texas Feathers- light purple w/cream & green throat
Catapult Sam x Shuffle Hue- red purple burgundy eye chartreuse throat

I'm not sure I always read the handwriting correctly. And there were numbers on the tags, too, but I'm not sure what they mean. I googled images of all the names and they all look lovely!

The baby sat outside with me while I planted them. It was a sunny warm day, but the wind made her squint!

No comments: