03 February 2012

sprouting

The green onions (also called scallions or bunching onions) are up! I have eighteen teensy little threads of plants in this tray. My husband is already anticipating enchiladas made with garden-fresh onions.
And here are the Nasturtiums sprouting! I never started nasturtiums inside, before, and always got frustrated when most didn't grow. Hopefully they do better this way.
By the way, my attempt at sprouting orange seed failed. None of them grew roots, only mold. Discarded.

4 comments:

chrisa511 said...

Yay :D You are so much better than me with scallions, lol…I just threw a bunch of seed in some mud in a pot outdoors to see what comes up, lol. Yours looks so much more organized!

Jeane said...

I think I ought to have just planted the seeds outside, though. They look so fragile I don't know how I'll ever transplant them.

chrisa511 said...

Mine are all sprouting fine now! I just checked them today :D My basil ad cilantro that you sent me are peeking out of the soil too :D So excited!!!

Jeane said...

I'm so glad to hear that. I love the basil. I got a few cilantro plants, but not as many as the seed I put in... I think maybe it's just not warm enough here yet.