28 February 2012

baby tomatoes

All my Tomato plants in the windowsill are doing well, growing very nicely. I have six cherry tomatoes, which is twice what I need, so after these grow larger (in regular kind of pots) I'll probably sell or swap the extra seedlings.
The other plants got mixed up when a tray fell off the sill earlier on (before they were in individual cardpots). So I wasn't sure which were the beefsteak and which the brandywine tomatoes. But I've never seen tomato plants without lobed leaves before. So I think the three with entire leaves are brandywines, as those tomatoes are new to me this year.

2 comments:

terra said...

i've tried to grow a tomatoe plant in a pot at least 3 times with no success. i love seeing yours do so well!

Jeane said...

They need lots of light and warmth. If its too cold or shady they won't grow well. You can try putting a sheet of tin foil or some other reflective material behind the pot, to bounce light/heat back onto the plant. I've never done that, but heard it works.