26 June 2011

mint tea!

My first attempt making fresh tea from my own grown herbs. And I'm not really a big fan of tea. Everyone clamored to try the Chocolate Mint
so I picked a few handfuls.
Here's what it looked like afterwards.
I don't have a teapot (or even a kettle to boil water in) so I tried an alternate method, of putting the torn leaves in a pot, pouring the cold water over, heating slowing to a boil, and then straining it. The recipe I followed suggested 2 Tablespoons of fresh herb to 1 cup of water. Added a drop of honey.
It was very refreshing!
Next I'm going to try making tea from lavender and maybe hibiscus flower...

2 comments:

chrisa511 said...

Yum! Lavender and mint together makes an amazing tea! One of my favorites :)

Jeane said...

I've thought of trying a few combinations. Do you know if lavender is good with hibiscus?