24 April 2011

cover

The other night we had a heavy rain and it was chilly enough to actually turn the heat back on in the house. I went out anxious in the morning to see how my newly-set-out plants had fared in the garden. Everything looked fine except for the younger lot of Tomatoes- nearly all of them had flopped over or were leaning sideways. I propped them all up with more soil around their stems, and then later today gathered together all my plastic-bottle and glass cloches. We have another spate of thunderstorms and "severe" storms predicted all week, and I don't want to loose my little Tomatoes! So they all got covered up. Some look quite cramped, but it will only be for a few days and then I'll lift them off again.
You can see how many tomatoes I have this year by all the cloches dotted through the garden!
The two younger Peppers got covers too.

No comments: