25 January 2011

spider plants

A while ago I moved the two baby spider plants into the same pot, the one that had been solo and the other that grew off my larger plant.

The second plantlet was still attached to its parent for a few weeks. I would have left it hanging by its stem (you can barely see it on the left there) but it's all twisty, so didn't look very attractive.

Awful pictures, I know. Hard to get good ones in front of the window and I just didn't feel like moving the plants.

Just now I cut the stem, and let the small plants hang by themselves. They're starting to grow lots of new leaves!
The parent spider pot is getting huge. It's growing so vigorously I'm going to have to repot it soon, or divide it up again. And it started from just this neglected plant crowded into the little red pot that holds the two babes now, just about a year ago!

No comments: