14 October 2010

outside

Fall has definitely struck the garden; I don't know if I got a head enough start on the cole crops to get some broccoli and cauliflower this fall, but have good hopes for the lettuce.

My Bell Peppers are still making lots of small fruits, even though some of the plants have started to fall over.
The Strawberry plants still look fresh and pretty, I'm not sure at what point they'll die back and need mulch.
The Rhubarb is looking peaky, but still growing new leaves in each center. Again, not sure if I should wait until all the stems die before covering it for winter? do they need to save energy from spent foliage like tulips do? Have to look that up.
The pumpkin patch is pretty much a dead mess I need to clean up when I can get to it. That one nice-looking plant in the back left corner is the monster Zucchini, just sporting nice leaves now.
And of course the cold-loving ever-lasting Swiss Chard is doing fantastic. It's the most beautiful plant in the garden right now!

2 comments:

Trish @ Love, Laughter, Insanity said...

The peppers look absolutely amazing!

Jeane said...

Ah, but they're sooo small!