22 July 2010

flowers

The Tithonia are blooming in earnest now, and I find I rather like their vivid colors.

Only two plants are nice-sized like this one; the others are still only about a foot high but making buds nonteheless.
The little Crepe Myrtle piece that survived being dug and moved is blooming!
And all over my fence are clinging Morning Glories. I don't like them much because they also try to climb and strangle any plant they come across, and I fear they could pull down my fence! But my daughter loves them. I try to encourage her to pick every single flower so there won't be seed to grow more next year! I do kind of like their trumpet shapes, though.
The Cosmos are all still going strong. I like that the plants vary a bit in the color of flowers they make.
I've planted out all the newer plants but doubt they'll grow big enough to flower before cold weather comes.

No comments: