31 July 2010

the chop

I've cut some of my houseplants. First was the younger Avocado. It's beautiful little leaves just over six inches,
so I snipped the stem off. Waiting anxiously now to see it recover and branch.
My two little Geranium bonsai needed trimming again. The one from a cutting you can see has bigger leaves than the other already tree-shaped.
First I thinned the larger and crossing leaves out
then cut its stems shorter to even them up. It always feels so drastic to me to cut it back so far, but I like how the "trunk" and stems are thickening.
Of the clippings two had nice shapes
so I thought I'd salvage them and see if I can grow new little plants

2 comments:

chrisa511 said...

OMG I am so in love with your little bonsai tree!! I used to have a bonsai obsession back in the day. You have me wanting to grow one again. I may try a little geranium :) Will it flower eventually? That would be so pretty!

Jeane said...

They do flower, but I don't know when. I think it has to get quite a bit bigger first. If I remember right, this one is supposed to make pink flowers someday.