19 February 2010

indoor herbs

Where a week ago the Cilantro was all droopy from transplanting, and the Basil looked fine, now it's the other way around. The Cilantro has sprung up, and even the seedlings I had (very doubtfully) moved into the new pot, are all standing up tall and putting out new leaves. The Basil looks shabby and sad. I think perhaps because A. didn't know they were recently repotted and went and pulled leaves off for cooking. He might have tugged too hard and rocked them off their little roots or something. No matter, there's already new Basil sprouting from the seeds! Happily, the ones planted from seed I saved out of the garden are growing faster than the ones from store seed! I'm pretty confident I can save seed to grow my own Basil year after year now.

No comments: