21 February 2010

cold frame (of sorts)

Even though my seedlings were started too early indoors, I'm trying to keep them growing. Figure I can use the experience. I made a sort of coldframe out of a plastic bag that fits a comforter, zipped shut and set on a wide decorative brick outside on the patio, where it gets the most sun. Put all the little seedling trays in there, along with one of the Basil pots. Already when I went back to take a few photos, the plants were standing up a bit straighter, condensation dripping inside, and the air plenty warmer when I stuck my hand in. Hopefully they get a lot more light out there, protected under plastic, than in the narrow windowsills indoors.

nice and steamy in there!

this last photo patched together from two, so it overlaps a bit at the back

No comments: